Monday, December 26, 2011

We're not really working together here...

Having Mother over here in Japan puts some difficulties to me and Mrs. Sunshine's otherwise good teamwork.

My instinct is to leave stuff for Mother to clean up after me (I see it as signs of affection as she rarely gets to do it anymore).
However, Mrs. Sunshine's instinct is to make sure that THE Mother-in-Law  gets treated like an honored guests who should not have to lift a finger while she's under our custody.

So I go about putting up my little traps while Mrs. Sunshine swiftly cleans it all away without Mother ever noticing. We really need to get a little more aligned on our strategy here as both of our actions turn out to be somewhat futile. 

5 comments:

Chris said...

That post pic looks awesome in my blogroll's preview!! Please leave it up for the year...2012 I mean....that pic is AWESOME!!

I'm still waiting for the North Korean woman/spokeslady/government puppet

Good luck with Mom.

I'd advise turning them against one another but that might go bad quick.

Did you see the ipad screensaver/clock in my vid?

The MOST uselessly awesome clock ever made....ever.

Evacomics said...

You two don't talk in bed huh... ...

Labyrinth said...

How about you politely and subtlety ask mrs sunshine to make an excursion to the shops, for the MOTHER-IN-LAWS own good of course, and then release salaryman mess upon the household for your mother to clean up...that way your all happy. Mrs sunshine feels as though she’s treating the MOTHER-IN-LAW like an honoured guest, not in the knowledge that your getting your instinctive childhood needs fulfilled...

Mr. Salaryman said...

Chris - Yep, it's pretty great, isn't it? What did people do before Google Image search? I saw that fantastic North Korean lady on TV the other day, she was crying a lot but still had that great voice.
Oh and yeah, I wish I could turn them against each other, but it seems more like they're turning on me... Have to check the vid again for that clock, must have missed it (I probably also suffer some ADHD as I keep browsing several sites at once...)

Eva - At this point, the little one basically makes such conversations very difficult as she is firmly wedged in between us...

Labyrinth - That sounds like it could be an idea. I have had some success in having Mother do the dishes for me at least, a minor victory

Gaijin Wife said...

Be careful, she'll be living with you before you know it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails