Monday, August 15, 2011

I guess we all have to pitch in...

Do as it says!
It's not that often that I post pictures of interesting "Engrish" that I have encounter here in in Japan, but this poster, found in a business hotel in Kanazawa was pretty great and topical too, so I couldn't resist posting it.

I'm not really sure what the poster is trying to tell me, that it wants me to save electrocity seems feasible, but it also seems to urge me to save cool biz and not smile much? I guess we all have to do our part! 

6 comments:

Chris said...

Where is Electrocity?
In the former Soviet Bloc?

Does anyone speak English in that country?

big bro said...

excellent use of Comic Sans. Save electrocution!

Anonymous said...

Hello there. I had to chuckle with "electrocity" because my Korean husband occasionally suffers the same problem when trying to say "electricity." Apparently it's confusing to him because when he thinks of electricity, he relates them to electronics, hence the confusion. I never even thought of the correlation until it was explained to me. So as strange as it sounds, there's some reason to the madness....

btw, your blog is awesome. Thank you for the fantastic entertainment!
-amy

Anonymous said...

I think they're asking for superheroes to save Electro City. Cool biz and smiling are in jeopardy!

Anonymous said...

and BOW
and WORK HARD
and BE POLITE
and....

Yeah yeah :P

Mr. Salaryman said...

Chris - It does sound quite sinister... Wouldn't wish any electrocities on anyone...

Big Bro - One point for trying?

Amy - Thank you for the comment Amy and happy to hear that you like the blog! I can understand that stuff like this is difficult for non-native English speakers, I just can't understand why they don't just check the spelling before they hit the print button for stuff like this ;)

Jaydee - Well that's as good a theory as any I would say!

Canthus - Yep, because big brother is watching but he needs to work on his English spelling!

Related Posts with Thumbnails