Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Ok, I accept your excuse"

Yesterday, an e-mail was sent out to representatives of several countries at once from one of my colleagues in head office, a guy I get along very well with and have known for many years now, asking for a certain data to be submitted as the deadline now was drawing close.

Obviously, due the recent disasters in Japan I have not had the chance to even start thinking about it and sent back a reply that went something like this:
"Hey there, considering that Japan has just suffered a horrible earthquake, followed by a devastating tsunami and a nuclear meltdown, I think that we need another week of extension to the deadline at least?".

The answer came quickly "Well, that is about as good as an excuse can ever get, you guys get another month to submit the data, but don't fret it, if you need more time just let me know".

I might have come across the ultimate excuse here to, now I just have to figure out how to best keep milking it!

(Disclaimer: This post is made with black humor and doesn't mean that I will actually mean to exploit the horrible disaster just to be lazy)

4 comments:

Chris said...

(Disclaimer: This post is made with black humor and doesn't mean that I will actually mean to exploit the horrible disaster just to be lazy)


That's kinda funny....but if you didn't add that some people might think you were really a demon and they'd want to burn you.

BABY KILLER!!!...er...
UNSYMPATHETIC JAPAN BASHER!!!

Everybody kill him!!!! ;)

lina said...

Chris,
Lemme get ready my pitch fork first.XD

when will the angry mob congregate at Salaryman's office?

Taarne said...

That picture is awesome, not only in context (as is usual for this blog), but for the 23-year old game :D Oh, Wasteland!

Mr. Salaryman said...

Chris - Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed with myself for feeling the need to put up these preventive disclaimers for people out on the Internet looking for a reason to get upset... But with you, here in the comment section, I think that I can be open with that I actually intend to exploit this disaster totally just to be lazy in work! (Disclaimer: This comment is made with black humor and doesn't mean that I actually mean to exploit the horrible disaster just to be lazy)

Lina - Well, they're probably already there burning their computers with my website on it ;)

Taarne - Ah, a fellow connoisseur of the finer things in life! I still know quite of the few passwords in my head ("caterpillar", "rosebud" etc.) ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails