Tuesday, February 22, 2011

There has been an earthcake

Ok, considering the tragic earthquake that recently happened in NZ, with several Japanese still missing and presumably trapped in the rubble, it might be in a little bad taste, but it made me think of this classic telephone call from a Swedish reporter to some random hotel in Tokyo (apparently it was very early morning with other places unavailable) to try and find out how "bad" it was. I think it also was a quite mild one by Japanese standards that no one in Tokyo got particularly freaked out by. The level of misunderstanding here is magnificent!

3 comments:

F. said...

"do you know roomnumber and name please"

I wonder how many times I've heard that when trying to get something through to Reception...

Chris said...

Ooooh shit!! I was laughing my ass off. When worlds...DON'T collide :)

Poor girl.

Mr. Salaryman said...

BIJ - Haha, yeah, but most of the time you're probably not trying to get info for the national news, right?

Chris - Yeah, he doesn't make it easy for her, pretty great, what does she care if he's calling from SWEDEN in SCANDINAVIA in EUROPE, I wonder why he didn'T mention earth too?

Related Posts with Thumbnails