Friday, July 17, 2009

This one's for the Swedes

Ok, earlier I talked a bit on my stance on "Engrish" you see sometimes here in Japan. However, today it reached the next level, for the first time ever I encountered the Swedish version here in Japan (maybe I should add that I have seen t-shirts with random words in Sweden here in Japan, but they have mostly been correct).

My apologies to my non-Swedish readers since this really won't make any sense to you, but take a look at the text here on this pink garbage box I bought at the local Donki store (The concept of the "Donki" store is a post of it own when I get around to it). As an added bonus you can see the interesting sleeping position of my niece who happens to haunt the Salaryman Sunshine household. The question that comes up is what this innovative use of Swedish by the Japanese should be called? Swedrish?

"Borta bra, men hemma bäst?" That is the question indeed.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Haha, det er morsomt for oss norske også :)

ThePenguin said...

We used to have swedes growing in the garden.

Martin said...

How swede she is.

Chris said...

Our neighborhood has annual swede pulling day in May? June? It's way too f__king early on a Sunday is all I know.
Anyway...

We pull the sweedes and then throw them in bags and heave them onto the back of trucks where they are carted off to wherever a useless sweede is carted off to??

Mr. Salaryman said...

I don't see what's wrong with having Swedes in the garden to begin with...

At least the Norwegian was entertained!

big bro said...

Her parents should have washed her feets better! I hope the carpets of the salaryman/sunshine household survived the visit. Your niece just reviewed this post, repeating her name and "Blöja" while admiring the picture.

Related Posts with Thumbnails