Thursday, April 2, 2009

Yeah, that's right, f**k it!

I rarely put up any of the Engrish I find here in Japan, one part is because there are other people who do that much better than I do, but more importantly I think it's because I frankly just don't notice it anymore. With almost 10 years in this country it's just a part of life and in work I've let the occasional piece of horrid English through since it appealed to some Japanese people due to positive assocations even though it hardly made sense to someone with a basic knowledge of English.

But this weekend I found these kid's pants (as you can see in the picture) and I must say that they floored me. I am seriously considering to buy these for my little niece even if it takes 2 more years before she grows into them. But they send a strong message, "F**K the Toy!" I'm with you all the way, f**k it!

7 comments:

William said...

I love trying to figure out what they -meant- to say... In this case, I have no Earthly idea. That's pretty far out there.

Pouncy said...

I want that for my friend's kids! Where did you find it?

takarada said...

what are they trying to say?

mameha said...

notice that they censor the swear word on the bottom of the trousers?

FXCK.

So they know that it is a naughty word, but they go ahead and put it on kids clothes anyway.

Mr. Salaryman said...

Hey there William, I don't want to give too much away, but I think the pants are trying to ask the question "What is up?"

The pants can be found in Ikebukuro to the right of the Tobu exit next to a Koban station, they were displayed outside due to the raging demand for such pants.

Hao said...

LOL, I also swore to not blog about Engrish but couldn't resist the temptation, this one is a great find and I'm glad you blogged about it :D

Michiko said...

I wonder if they make kaachan size. I would kill for a pair!

Related Posts with Thumbnails