Monday, May 26, 2008

All the things that I hate...

I have been thinking of starting up a new category here on this little haven on the Internet which I am thinking of calling “things that I hate”. However, I’m a bit worried that if I do that I will have posted 90,453 posts in less than one month time. So this time, maybe less is more.

As faithful readers might recall, I recently visited a close friends wedding, be that as it may, but one of the things I find highly offensive and very very disturbing was seen there. The use of Bluetooth headsets for the mobile phone and people that leave the headpiece on when doing other stuff. This usage of headsets annoys me immensely! I do understand it if you work in telemarketing a switchboard or somewhere where your job is using the phone. But wearing one on private time, for private purposes and not even taking the stupid thing off during the God-Jesus damned wedding ceremony?!

In Japan , this is thankfully not very usual at all and most sensible Japanese people use the headset when it serves a purpose, such as driving a car or somewhere when it’s inconvenient to operate the phone with one hand. However, in Europe , this vile habit is widespread and it’s not unusual to see someone apparently talking to himself, gesturing with both hands setting off the “crazy people alarm” inside my head and then see that he/she has one of those stupid things in the ear…

The takeaway message of this little post? What’s the “so what factor” here? Well, it’s pretty simple; don’t do it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear hear! (Or preferably not).

There is a delightful scene in "I am Charlotte Simmons" by Tom Wolfe (?) where the antihero, upon hearing of his impending downfall, starts walking around mumbling to himself, then worries people will think he is as as crazy as he has become, then realizes they will probably just think he he having a hands-free phone conversation.

lina said...

I hate it when these people who wore one talk on the phone while talking to you. Confusing and downright rude

Mr. Salaryman said...

Oh yeah, the more we dig into this the more filth we uncover! Doing the double-talk is a double rude-confusing combo!

Anonymous said...

When it first came out it was kind of a status symbol for white collar folks. But I think everyone can agree that wearing one at a wedding makes the wearer look like a huge d*****. Priorities, people... priorities.

Related Posts with Thumbnails