Sunday, June 3, 2007

"Pain doesn't hurt"

A lot of difficult things going on in my personal life at the moment which makes you reflect over the past and things that you have done. So far I have come to one crystal clear relevation and it is very simple. "Some of the best times in my life has been spent watching the movie Roadhouse". I have always tried to stick to the rules as laid out by Patrick Swayze in that movie "All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice." and since I do not own a bar the second point holds slightly less relevance to me. But I always make sure to expect the unexpected even when unexpected things are not expected, but it they do come along I already expected them.

Now, I know that some people would argue that Next of Kin was the pinnacle of Patrick Swayze's career and although that movie is by no means a bad movie I would argue that Roadhouse packs more of a punch. Granted, the overall concept of Next of Kin is hard to beat, but Roadhouse has everything you could want to ask of a movie including two funny fat guys (one evil and one good), a typical 80's sex-scene and great lines.
Now, with this relevation sorted out, the question that needs to be answered is; how do I apply this new found knowledge? Well, in order to get my life in order again I would say that the best course of action for me is to watch the movie again and then maybe everything else will just fall into place!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails