Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Project Management...


Currently me and my team are working on a project for a company that is as close as Omni Consumer Products as any other existing company, granted, its field of biz is considerably smaller than OCP, but anyway...

We have now been working on this project for a couple of months and are actually getting in the stages of finalizing our final presentation, that is all well and good you might think... There is only one tiny little problem and that is that no contract has been signed as of yet, the legal machinery in the U.S. head-office of this giant company has yet to digest or produce a contract that is signable by both parties. This makes it extremely amusing in a scary sort of way since my company's management anyway decided that it would be a good idea to start this project even though the "client" has yet to officially give the go ahead. This has lead to plenty of amusement and stress on the actual project team part...

We are actually going ahead in doing a project without an official client, that might make us feel good about ourself if it was a volunteer project of some kind that might benefit any charity organization or similar without financial means to utilize a company such as the one I work for. But a company of almost OCP-ish dimensions like the one we are currently doing volunteer work for hardly needs that...

Too tired and annoyed to elaborate more on this now, but I can promise that I will come back to this subject! I'll laugh about it in a month or so I guess?

Tokyo is at least starting to warm up a little, so I guess that's the good news (for me at least).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails